Friday 9 August 2013

Left on my own again - 2013 - Day 5 - Skip

Day 5

There's nothing like a bacon and egg sarnie to sate your hunger after a long day at work, and what appeared at the end of my kitchen endeavour was nothing like a bacon and egg sarnie. It shouldn't actually be possible to chip a tooth on a fried egg but there you go; I'm unique.

I've got a bit of work ahead of me this weekend. There's some some rubbish to clear from the garden so I took the sensible step of ordering a skip. I'm very proud of myself for getting through the process with minimal swearing! Even more impressive is that I don't even read The Sun so was totally  unprepared for manual labour. White collar all the way for me, well they would be white if it wasn't for the washing machine incident, but less said about that the better. It takes a real man to wear pink I've heard.

So did you see me on Dara O'briaianans Science Club then? Underwhelming wasn't it. I tried to make myself more visible during the filming but I was warned I'd be removed from the studio if I didn't put them back on. Meh.

Do you have much planned for the weekend? I thought I might investigate one of the local pubs tomorrow. I've not been there since it changed management, but I have high hopes. Last time I was there it was so stuck in the 70's there were bull fighting posters on the wall and the ceiling was the colour of a tramps gusset. Not a great experience. I'm hoping the clientèle has improved too. If not then I don't think I've got the right clothes to fit in. Tends to be grey sweat pants, branded polo shirt and white Adidas trainers, (can of Stella, Staffie called Tyson and a girlfriend with creoles with size of saucers optional).

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment