Wednesday 7 August 2013

Left on my own again - 2013 - Day 2 - Summer Dress

Day 2

Simon and Garfunkel were pretty much spot-on with The Sound of Silence. Walking through the door after work it hit me like a brick. I'm used to coming home to much wailing and gnashing of teeth (those that know my kids will understand), but today was different; the house felt empty and not a little odd.

I almost tripped over a Next delivery for Jay when I got in too - a nice floral summerdress, least I've got clean clothes now, I'll make sure it's washed** by the time she gets home.

Even the cats couldn't be arsed coming in for their dinner. (Cats can eat baked beans right?) Fussy buggers. To be honest though I probs should have taken it out of the tin first. (NOT SO CLEVER NOW, YA FURRY FECKERS!)

Hunted some left over bolognaise in the fridge, and once I'd scraped off the crust it was mostly fine, and if the cats can't work out the can opener then I've dinner tomorrow in the bag too. Result.

Oh, final Public Service Announcement. Apparently you are not /allowed/ to barter at the coop any more, their loss, they were good pants.

Tarra.

**or at least in a pile in the washing basket***
***Look, it's progress ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment