Thursday 8 August 2013

Left on my own again - 2013 - Day 4 - Facetime

Day 4

Yo, sup? (I'm soooo street!)

Getting to day 5 and probably still having the use of most of my major body parts has got to be worthy of a mention. What isn't working so well can probably be repaired with enough time and duct tape. So no worries from this little soldier.

After the faux pas of missing a family call with Jay and the kids yesterday I was well prepared to receive it today. I don't know if you've seen the Apple Facetime adverts? You know the ones. Beautiful people gazing longingly at their iPhones, while loved ones separated by distance or commitment are doe-eyed and soft-focus in return?

Yeah, those ones.

Doesn't work like that. Nah.

Granted, the picture and sound were good, the arguing, shouting and everyone trying to talk at once, not so much. I felt the need to say Over! after each sentence. It was all good though, it was nice to catch up. I took Jay's look as love, entwined with concern and a dash of bemusment. I like my hair like this. I should have probably also worn clothes too. The kids (and mother-in-law), looked, well for want of a better word, shocked.

Also! omgomgomg!!!1 I'm counting down the minutes until 8pm - I should be on Dara O'Briaiaiaian's Science Club on the tellybox (sorry, I didn't know how to stop spelling it. I'm the same with bananananana). Look out for me won't you! (BBC2 HD) or if you're on benefit, BBC2.

If you spot me, let me know! There's a prize!*

Bye.

*There is no prize.


No comments:

Post a Comment