Sunday 18 August 2013

Left on my own again 2012 - day 14 - Lessons learnt

Day 14.

I suppose it's traditional at the end of any major undertaking to maybe take a few moments to wax lyrical about the experience; how you felt it changed you both as a person and as part of a larger whole. Certainly I had thought of doing that, but frankly I've only really got one thing to leave you with, and that's...

I DIDN'T DIE, AND FRANKLY THE SCARS WILL GO, MAINLY!

I hope I've kept you entertained over the last couple of weeks. I know I've enjoyed doing it and it was nice to see so many "likes*".

I'll probably do another update when Jay and the kids are back, but for now at least let me leave you with a few pro-tips that I've picked up.

1) Although cat food isn't a million miles from human food, don't.
2) Never trust wild mushroom guides off the Internet
3) Remember to wear clothes while shopping.
4) The barter system really is dead. It'll just cause embarrassment for both you and the shopkeep.
5) Don't let your wife and kids leave for so long. You'll miss them.

*Yay for meaningless Internet karma!

Mark





No comments:

Post a Comment